About MeGreetings, fellow humans! I'm a proud dad of two awesome kids, and my other love is Cloud! Working for 20+ years in tech has taught me 2 things; Always have a backup and yes, it was the network! The last 7+ of those years has been all about the cloud, and when I find the time, a bit of blogging and podcasting too!
- TekBytes #5: The Current State of Cloud Security
- TekBytes #4: Why I’ve Switched to Simple Markdown in WordPress
- Answer Honestly: Are you Ersatz Cloud Native?
- TekBytes #3: A Certification Haiku for the vExpert Announcement!
- TekBytes #2: The Complexity of Public Cloud Architecture
- TekBytes #1 – CloudSpotting – A New Tech Podcast
- TekBytes: A Blogging Experiment
- Swordfish – A Standard by Any Other Name Would Smell As Sweet
Twitter FeedMy Tweets
Tags5.0 5.1 Amazon architecture AWS awsgotchas awstips blogging certification Cloud DC3217IYE design docker education ESX ESXi Exam exams homelab Intel Intel NUC London lonvmug Microsoft NanoLab NSX NUC podcast practice exams S3 SFD9 Solution Architect storage Storage Field Day Tech Field Day tips training VCAP-DCD VCAP5 Virtualisation VMUG VMware VMware Certification VMworld vSphere
Subscribe via Email
Tag Archives: High Availability
Downtime sucks! Designing Highly Available Applications on a Budget
Downtime sucks. I write this whilst sitting in an airport lounge, having been disembarked from my plane due to a technical fault. I don’t really begrudge the airline [..]
Amazon AWS Tips and Gotchas – Part 1 – AWS Intro, EBS and EC2
Although I have been very much aware of AWS for many years and understood it at a high level, I have never had the time to get deep [..]
AWS, Cloud, Storage Amazon, architecture, associate, AWS, awsgotchas, awstips, Cloud, DR, EBS, EC2, education, High Availability, IGW, professional, QA, raid, Solution Architect, storage, tips, training