I wrote my first blog post on AWS in February 2016 and the series is growing pretty quickly, so I thought it was worthwhile indexing all of the current posts and providing an updated list as this grows.
Hopefully, this should make these posts a little easier for people to find in the future!
Anyway, enough gabbing, on with the posts and links:
I was kindly invited by Scott Lowe to join him on the Full Stack Journey podcast, to discuss learning AWS and cloud architecture. The episode can be accessed here:
- HOWTO Get Free Official AWS Practice Exam Voucher Codes!
- You can’t complain at free!!! 🙂
- AWS Certified Solution Architect Associate Exam Prep & Experience
- Tips and thoughts on the exam itself
- AWS Certified Solution Architect Associate Exam Study Guide & Resources
- Massive list of study resources!
- AWS Certified Developer Associate (CDA) Exam Experience & Tips
- Tips and advice for the exam
- AWS Certified Developer Associate (CDA) Exam Study Guide and Materials
- Slightly less massive list of study resources! 🙂
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate (CSOA) Exam Experience & Tips
- Tips and advice for the CSO exam
- AWS Certified Solution Architect Professional Exam Experience & Tips
- Coming soon…
- AWS Certified Solution Architect Professional Exam Study Guide & Materials
- Coming soon…
AWS Tips and Gotchas Series
- Amazon AWS Tips and Gotchas – Part 1 – AWS Intro, EBS and EC2
- RAID, EBS, internet gateways and SLAs
- Amazon AWS Tips and Gotchas – Part 2 – AWS EBS & RDS MS SQL
- EBS Volumes and MS SQL
- Amazon AWS Tips and Gotchas – Part 3 – S3, Tags and ASG
- S3 buckets, tagging and ASGs
- Amazon AWS Tips and Gotchas – Part 4 – Direct Connect & Public / Private VIFs
- Direct Connect & Public and Private VIFs
- Amazon AWS Tips and Gotchas – Part 5 – Managing Multiple VPCs
- More on Direct Connect, running multiple VPCs and accounts
- Amazon AWS Tips and Gotchas – Part 6 – AWS Dedicated VPCs
- Make sure you create your VPC as default unless you reeeeealy mean it!
- Amazon AWS Tips and Gotchas – Part 7 – AWS EMR, Spot Instances & PGs
- A mixed bag of EMR, Spot Instance and Placement Group tips.
- Amazon AWS Tips and Gotchas – Part 8 – AWS EC2 Reserved Instances
- The clue is in the title…
- Amazon AWS Tips and Gotchas – Part 9 – Scale-Up Patching
- Discussing some interesting, stress-free deployment methods!
- Amazon AWS Tips and Gotchas – Part 10 – EFS (Elastic File System)
- Designing EFS for performance, encrypting your data, and backing it up!
- More posts coming soon…
Random AWS and Cloud Related Posts
- Installing Docker on Amazon AMI Quick Fix
- Fix for the error “Cannot connect to the Docker daemon. Is ‘docker -d’ running on this host?”
- What’s your definition of Cloud DR, and how far down do the turtles go?
- DR in IT can mean many different things to many different people, but how far should you go to protect your applications to cloud outages?
- More coming soon… 🙂
Also, just in case I forget to keep this page updated: