My name is Alex Galbraith, and I am a Solutions Architect working for Rackspace, and based in Surrey, UK.
I’ve been an IT pro since 2003, and got into virtualisation shortly after, with the release of VMware ESX and GSX 2.x! I’ve been a VCP since the VI3 days and have managed numerous virtual environments from tiny two host solutions, to thousands of VMs and due to my love of all things VM, have been fortunate enough to be awarded vExpert status for the last five years (2013/14/15/16/17).
More recently I’ve also been invited to be a delegate at Tech Field Day, which have been truly awesome experiences!
In 2016 / 2017 I became a bit of a cloud monkey, having nailed down a number of AWS and Azure certs, and spending most of my working hours doing cloudy things, with GCP on the horizon!
This site contains a bit of info about me, links to my other presences on the web, and a few technical ramblings which started mainly an aid to memory for me, and grew into an itch I have to scratch most weeks…
This blog can also be accessed at the following addresses:
I also like memes! 🙂
Tech Field Day
I’ve been fortunate enough to be invited along to be a delegate at a number of TFD events, which are available online here:
- Oct 2015 – Storage Field Day 8
- Mar 2016 – Storage Field Day 9
- Nov 2016 – Tech Field Day 12
- June 2017 – Storage Field Day 13
Speaking, Podcasts, Etc
I’m a bit of a gab, so I try to practice a bit of public speaking, or do the odd podcast when people are foolish enough to let me do so! This is a list of some sessions and the decks associated:
- Jan 2014 – London VMUG – Intel NUC Nanolab
- Apr 2014 – London VMUG – Noddy’s Warty Guide to Storage Design
- Jan 2016 – London VMUG – Ask the Expert Panel
- Apr 2016 – London VMUG – Open Homelab Project Squaretable event
- Jun 2016 – London VMUG – Extreme Data Centres
- Aug 2016 – Ridecast with Marc Farley – Rethinking data protection strategies for Seagate’s 60TB drives
- Aug 2016 – Open TechCast – Episode 1:- The NEW Beginning
- Sep 2016 – In Tech We Trust Podcast – A Bitcoin in the backend
- Sep 2016 – Open TechCast – Episode 2:- Breaking International Waters
- Nov 2016 – Full Stack Journey Podcast – Ep10 – AWS
- Nov 2016 – Open TechCast – Special Episode 3: – TFD12
- Jan 2017 – London VMUG – AWS for VMware Admins (with Chris Porter)
- Feb 2017 – Open TechCast – Episode 3.1:- The Longest Chat Yet – Part 1
- Feb 2017 – Open TechCast – Episode 3.2:- The Longest Chat Yet – Part 2
- Mar 2017 – Open TechCast – Episode 4:- Homelabs or Home Data Centers
- Apr 2017 – Scotland VMUG – AWS for VMware Admins (with Chris Porter)
- Aug 2017 – Open TechCast – Episode 5:- Time for a Catch Up
- Sep 2017 – VMworld – Open TechCast Episode 6:- Interview with Pat Gelsinger
- Sep 2017 – VMworld – Open TechCast Episode 7:-Interview with Sanjay Poonan
- Nov 2017 – UK VMUG – AWS for VMware Admins (with Chris Porter) – Now on YouTube!
People usually like to see all those lovely “certified” logos, so here are mine:
The postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent Rackspace’s positions, strategies or opinions.
All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. tekhead.it makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site & will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis.