About MeGreetings, fellow humans! I'm a proud dad of two awesome kids, and my other love is Cloud! Working for 20+ years in tech has taught me 2 things; Always have a backup and yes, it was the network! The last 7+ of those years has been all about the cloud, and when I find the time, a bit of blogging and podcasting too!
- Is the Cloud actually greener?
- TekBytes #5: The Current State of Cloud Security
- TekBytes #4: Why I’ve Switched to Simple Markdown in WordPress
- Answer Honestly: Are you Ersatz Cloud Native?
- TekBytes #3: A Certification Haiku for the vExpert Announcement!
- TekBytes #2: The Complexity of Public Cloud Architecture
- TekBytes #1 – CloudSpotting – A New Tech Podcast
- TekBytes: A Blogging Experiment
Twitter FeedMy Tweets
Tags5.0 5.1 Amazon architecture AWS awsgotchas awstips blogging certification Cloud DC3217IYE design docker education ESX ESXi Exam exams homelab Intel Intel NUC London lonvmug Microsoft NanoLab NSX NUC podcast podcasting S3 SFD9 Solution Architect storage Storage Field Day Tech Field Day tips training VCAP-DCD VCAP5 Virtualisation VMUG VMware VMware Certification VMworld vSphere
Subscribe via Email
Monthly Archives: March 2012
VMware VCAP-DCD 4 Exam Review
Well I’m very pleased to say that as of 4pm yesterday I am now a VCAP having passed the VMware VCAP4-DCD exam! So how was it? My final [..]
propertyCollector Error When Editing Virtual Machine Swapfile Location
Today I came across the following propertyCollector error message whilst trying to modify the VM Swapfile location for two hosts in my lab cluster. This pops up as [..]
FreeNAS 0.7.2 NFS and iSCSI Performance in a vSphere 4.1 Lab
While doing some lab testing and benchmarking for my upcoming VCAP-DCD exam I came across some interesting results when messing about with NFS and iSCSI using FreeNAS. I plan [..]
VMware 4.1, benchmarking, EMC Celerra, ESX, ESXi, FreeNAS, iSCSI, NFS, performance, SATA, SSD, VMware, vSphere